Friday, 19 July 2013

Mama Luna

Last night I looked at the moon. It could end there. I actually saw the moon for the first time in weeks... Months even? How did I neglect myself so badly that I haven't even had time... Made time... to look up at the stars and that beautiful round wonder that is our moon. I find such spiritual nourishment from just five minutes in the dark gazing up at her. Such beauty reminds me of how much there is to be amazed by and grateful for in the world. Thankful for yet another day to bask in the awesomeness of this planet we call home, our Mother Earth.

I read yesterday a Buddhist saying - what you allow to happen will continue. I must not allow this to continue, at least not on these dry warm nights. I cannot go to bed without allowing myself at least a few minutes of connection with my deeper self and the universe. Five minutes with Mama Luna can surely be spared, five minutes to bask in her glow and contemplate the miracle of life and the infinite wonders of the universe.

Tonight, when the littles are finally asleep I promise to myself I will step outside and say hello to her again. Hello, I've missed you.



1 comment: