Monday, 14 January 2013

SIX

How did it happen? How did the beautiful little baby I birthed what seems like only recently turn into the sweet kind six year old stood beside me! It seems like only yesterday, and yet it feels she has been with me an eternity. I cannot remember well life before she came along.

I am unashamedly proud of my children. And yet they are not truly mine to he proud of. They are themselves, their own people with their own lives to live. I am their guide through life, their facilitator, their enabler. I am not here to control them, though I sometimes forget this and fall for that illusion!

I love with all my heart these little people that came into my world and turned it upside down, in the most beautiful and wonderful of ways! They are my greatest teachers in life and I hope I never forget that. Having children grows you in ways you can't expect or explain if you surrender and allow it to. I am still learning new ways to surrender!

So enough about me and motherhood, what about Phoebe? What about the child growing here right before my eyes, who I am so privileged to spend every day with?

Phoebe, you amaze me! You have such a strong sense of fairness and right. You love what you love wholeheartedly and without reservation! You are passionate and strong and so so clever! At six you know your own mind so well, and you won't let people push you into things you don't want to do. You are generous and considerate and show compassion often beyond your years.

Right now you love music and dancing, singing and acting, drawing and making art, crafts and creations, experiments and numbers, and above all stories of all kinds. I love learning with you.

Phoebe, I can't wait to see more of who you are and what you will become. I am so excited for your future! We love you so much! xxx

{pictures of Phoebe's birthday yesterday}






























5 comments:

  1. Oh that beautiful graceful young woman of strength! She certainly gets some of that from her mama, you know. :) Six years, how can it be? <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me wish I was six again lol. What a wonderful day.
    Valerie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiest Birthday Wishes for yesterday Pheobe x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy happy (slightly belated ;o) birthday wishes :)

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I have only just read this, you brought tears of joy to my eyes :)
    Such a beautiful, joyous 6 year old xx

    ReplyDelete