Monday, 10 September 2012

Letting it go

If I look a bit less than happy in these pictures it's because I am. Or rather I was.
This is what happens when you go to the hairdresser's with two children in tow and ask for shoulder length hair with long layers.
I was too busy watching my little ones through the hair that had been brushed over my eyes and didn't notice how short it had been cut!
After I went home and felt a bit angry, then a bit tearful... I even sobbed... But now I am getting used to my new hair and accepting that life doesn't always go to plan. There is a lesson for me somewhere in there.
It might not be what I wanted, or asked for, but it is a good cut. It's not wonky or uneven, and I am at least grateful for that. So I am letting go of what I cannot change and moving on. - something I wish I could also say of life in general at the moment. Still, I am trying, learning that nothing much happens fast and yes, maybe as cliched as it sounds, good things come to those who wait.

7 comments:

  1. You look beautiful mama. It isn't what you wanted, but it *is* very much like the funky short cut you put up on Pinterest! (hugs) I'm sure it will take some getting used to. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely :). You are brave to go with two children, I haven't been for ages as I cannot face it with mine and my dh is always away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely Laura.. I know what it's like to be sad about a haircut (a dodgy perm in the 1980s comes back to me with horror!!!).. so maybe this doesn't help, but really, it looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful and I think it really suits you but yes a big difference and will take you a bit to get used to. I Love the cut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks to me like a haircut that you can be playful with - tied up and pretty pretty with lovely bits to frame your face :-) At least you can tie it up - mine's too short and I keep thinking ooooh but this is not me, I don't look like myself. Yet I AM still myself and you are still you! It always feels most severe the first week till the whole thing softens and you get used to it :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was admiring your haircut today and never actually got the chance to compliment you! I was talking and listening with you and a voice in my head saying "oo Laura's had a lovely haircut!"
    I think it looks lovely and next time I'll let my head voice butt in !!
    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete