Wednesday, 25 January 2012

Yarn Along


I'm still knitting the red dress from last week but as it's quite a big task I decided to start something new as well! Ooh get me, knitting more prolifically all of a sudden... well, prolific for me anyway. I so love to knit but often it feels like there is not the right moment for it. Things are just too busy. I am now making an effort to pick up my needles even if only for a few minutes a day. This afternoon I did a few rows whilst reading books aloud to my little ones and whilst we listened to the telling of The Emperor's New Clothes from the Hans Christian Anderson soundtrack. You know the one "The king is in the altogether, he's altogether, he's altogether, he's altogether as naked as the day that he was born!". I'd totally forgotten that song from my childhood until I was reading the book and went... hmm, there's a song about this!

So anyway, on to my knitting. Its is Soulemama's Hat of Choice and I am knitting it in Manos del Uruguay Maxima, which is the most soft and gorgeous aran weight wool. The shade is Ultramarine. Its just so beautiful. I got this from Russ for Christmas and am pleased to be starting something with it so soon rather than just sitting and stroking it like I usually do with pretty gifted yarn. I just hope I can do it justice with the finished project. it might be my favourite yarn yet! I will try to get a better picture of the finished object to show off the colourway.

The book is Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy  by Sarah Ban Breathnach. It has a small article, a page or so, for every day of the year. So I will be reading it all year long. But I wanted to remember to share it. Its very much focussed on where I am at - chosing joy and nurturing ourselves on a daily basis, with the little things. I am really enjoying it.

Lastly here are a souple of other pictures from our day today...


Phoebe reading to Ezra


Phoebe was very proud of herself for drawing her first ever heart.And i was quietly a wee bit proud too.

And that's today's Yarn Along. :)

3 comments:

  1. I've had Amanda's hat pattern printed out for awhile now but haven't found the right yarn to make it with yet. I'm trying to use up stash yarn so I'll need to dig deeper :-) I just took out Simple Abundance from the library the other day after reading so many blogs where people mention it. I want to look through it before I decide to order myself a copy of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading Simple Abundance also. And I generally have 4-5 projects in the works at any time. Thanks for sharing yours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that a couple of years ago,there are still ideas and inspiration I draw from it now, great book. Your yarn looks lovely x

    ReplyDelete