Saturday, 22 October 2011

Grampy and Little Dot

Yesterday we said goodbye to our Grandad, or Grampy as he was known to our children.
It was a lovely service and a very emotional day. I still can't decide if the peace I feel around it is genuine or if I am still in denial. Either way, I don't feel he is really gone. I am certain he is watching over us all and reunited with the love of his life, my Nana.
I wanted to share this poem he wrote for Phoebe back in 2009, when she was just two. It brought tears to my eyes yesterday, but they were happy ones. I am so grateful to have had my Grandad in my life, and my children's lives, and I can still feel his love now. I feel honoured to be his grandchild.

Without further ado here is his poem for Phoebe.

some days i sit &pass the time,,,,,& think of words that maybe rhyme,,                                                                   sometimes the words are left till later ,but these are some i put to paper,,                                                                all about my pheobe dot ,a little girl i love a lot                                                                                                              i,ll  try again , but think i,ll wait,august seems a likely date ,,,,,,,,,Pheobe ,,   You came into my life,& brought back a smile,  made me forget all my sorrow,, if just for a while, if only My dot  had seen your,e sweet face,so full of love,such beauty & grace but you have the love that comes from  our hearts,i cant watch you full grow, for just like my dot  i will depart, but the memory of us both, you,ll keep in your heart, & when youre full grown,,,you wont have forgot,the joy that you gave & the love that you got, from a grateful old grampy, to his little dot                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      ,                                                                                                                            

xXx





2 comments:

  1. What a lovely poem, tears are rolling down my cheeks!

    Thinking of you at such a sad time x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful poem. What a special meory for Phoebe Dot to have of her grandad!

    ReplyDelete