Wednesday, 2 March 2011

The Little Red Hen

Each Monday now I tell Phoebe and Ezra a story, using props - wooden
figures, playsilks, stackers, whatever is at hand. This week was
Goldilocks but here is a picture of last week when we told the story
of The Little Red Hen. I start by telling the story and moving the
figures, Phoebe helps move them too. Ezra fiddles, and sometimes runs
off with bits, but will settle as he gets older. After our initial
story, Phoebe takes the lead and we tell the story again, often with
changes. This week we had Goldilocks and The Three Zebras. Last week
The Little Red Hen had help from her friends and they all baked their
own bread before going to the park. I love doing this with my
children. I want to thank Sarah of Carried Family (link in my blog
list - can't do them via mobile I'm afraid) for writing about her
family rhythm in the past which gave me the prompt to start our week
with a story! :)

3 comments:

  1. That is such a beautiful way to start the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is a lovely idea - im feeling the need for more of a rhythm to our week atm so think i'll be pinching this idea to use with charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, we do it throughout the week, I get a book (or books along the same theme) put them seperately next to the nature table and fill a little basket with the 'props' for that tale and it's always easy to find if we are in need of something more than just a story. We even did one for the Gruffalo!

    ReplyDelete