Sunday, 6 March 2011

Proud

 I love the little moments when Ezra is playing. I can see his imagination beginning to develop as he pushes his cars over a rainbow bridge, or flies around his beloved aeroplane. He makes little dolls cuddle each other proclaiming "aaah". He also sometimes likes to build towers. Look how pleased with himself he is.


I was later looking at that photo and smiling at his sweet expression, and then I clicked onto the next one.


A stern look indeed! I don't think this was aimed at me, and most likely Phoebe had distracted him from his enjoyment of the moment, but I took it as a reminder that he is so so aware of what is going on around him. He is now 19 months old and people find it easy to dismiss children this age as toddlers, babies still, but oh he is growing and learning. Like a little sponge he takes in the world around him. He also knows his mind very clearly. Right now I can't imagine having conversations with him but I know that really it won't be too long and before I know it he'll be chatting away with his sister. It is sometimes easy to forget that when I am sorting out confusion over toys or games they are playing. It won't be this way forever, soon they will be true playmates. I would never wish his childhood away, but I am looking forward to seeing their friendship blossom.

1 comment:

  1. He's such a little person now. Love how he interacts!

    ReplyDelete